Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Ipsy - January 2015 - Fresh Start

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆x☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

(Warning Picture Heavy Post Ahead)

Good Day Puddin' Cups!

Are you ready for more spam?! Are you?! ARE YOU?!

Today's second topic.... Ipsy!

Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription box, or in its case subscription bag. It comes with
five items, sample to full size. It is $10.00 a month, $10.89 after taxes in my case. You
take a quiz to determine the products you get sent. If you don't want to get something
specific you can click it off your test, but it does not guarantee you will not ever receive it.
Be for warned. Every month you also get a make up bag designed for the months theme.
I've been getting these for a while and have been loving the products thus far. I also enjoy
that they introduce you to new companies and items. I enjoy the sample size because I
don't need to have so much of something if I end up not caring for it. I am still a make
up newbie, although I've been doing my own for years. You get your own profile on
their site and if you refer others you receive points that you can then use to get additional
items. They also hook you up with emails on discounts, which is fabulous if you catch them!
You can always go on a group and trade your items as well. I will do my best to use the items
before posting.


For more information you can check out their site here : http://www.ipsy.com
                    _._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

January 2015 - Fresh Start

Every month your bag will come like this. 
I love the colour and the shimmer is just nngh!
I do appreciate that it is packed small, but secure.

Every bag comes with a post card.
It will describe the months theme, words of
encouragement, and where you can post selfies
to show off your glam!

I enjoyed this months post card. 
Simple but cute!

This months bag fits Fresh Start. 
It is a refreshing blue, white, and coral mix.
The material feels like Vinyl, and makes
me think more of summer...

This is the white side.

I do like the Coral colour, and I do
like the new additional charm with Ipsy
written on it.

La Fresh Eco-Beauty
Good Day. Day Moisturizer
Sample Size
Approx. Value : $40.00 for 1.7 oz Full Size
This product is suppose to help with anti-aging,
moisturizing, and has friendly ingredients.
I tried this once and did not like it at all.
It felt like it was burning my skin. I am willing
to try it again just to make sure it wasn't just me.
I will keep you guys posted if anything.

I do like the packaging, very efficient.

This is what it looks like, no sticky after feel. 
Smooth application. 

(Malin+Goetz)
Mojito Lip Balm
Full Size
Approx. Value : $12.00 for .20 oz Full Size
I love this, especially for the weather outside.
It does have a mojito like smell, lemony mint
It is very refreshing, and leaves my lips
feeling happy and moisterized.

Vaseline like texture, clear colour.

Hikari Cosmetics
Mechanical Eye Liner
Full Size
Approx. Value : $13.00 for Full Size
Color - Storm
I love eye liner, and this is a really nice colour.
Just not a colour I'd prefer. I have not fully tried it
outside of swapping. I will give an update when 
and if I do.

Outside the box. Slim and slick.

Better close up of the colour.

Manna Kadar Cosmetics
Sheer Glo
Bronzer and Highlighters
Full Size
Approx. Value : $29.00 for 1 oz Full Size
Color - Universal Shade
This leaves your skin with a lovely glow.
I actually really like this, it works perfectly
as a highlighter! I also do believe it would work
well for any skin tone. Looks like it has a tint of pink.

Pacifica
Natural Mineral Coconut Eye Shadow
Sample 
Approx. Value : $14.00 for a Palette Full Size
Color - Treasure
This is a lovely colour. I really like the shade. The cons
to me are... It's another highlight colour or base colour. I
would of appreciated a different colour for this one as well.
The packaging feels very cheap as well. The rub is smooth,
not much fallout. Could be a bit more pigmented. 

The design is beautiful, and light. Actual packaging
could be better. But at least the product stays in place.

Looks a bit grainy but it is actually very soft.

Here are the swatches on my skin from top to bottom :
Pacifica Natural Minera Coconut Eye Shadow - Treasure
Manna Kadar Cosmetics Sheer Glo - Universal
Hikari Cosmetics - Storm

Overall I like three out of five. I will give the
moisterizer a second try and the eye liner a real attempt.
When I make an update blog I'll be sure to let you guys
know if it is at all worth it. 
_._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

If you have any questions please feel free to ask and I'd get to you as soon as I possibly can.

Thank you so much for sticking around, I do appreciate good company!
I hope you can join me again, until then ciao ^o^/)!

 ☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆x☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts? Comment Away! Criticism is appreciated as long as translated respectfully. Thank you and please pop by again ^-^!